Protects company assets from internal and external theft. Observes and reports potential safety and security hazards. Investigates, detains suspects, completes reports, cooperates with local law enforcement and testifies in court if necessary. Reports directly to Warehouse Manager.
- Prepares reports for internal use and for potential prosecution.
- Walks the warehouse and perimeter up to 8 hours a day to monitor safety and security concerns.
- Observes, detects, prevents, and apprehends shoplifters within our locations.
- Observes, detects and reports internal dishonesty to the Warehouse Manager and Regional Loss Prevention Manager for approval to investigate.
- Maintains evidence collected and report files from investigations.
- Testifies in court concerning theft investigations.
- Teaches and coaches Loss Prevention topics, policies, and procedures to other members of the Warehouse Team.
- Communicates with other area Costco Loss Prevention Clerks and area businesses to exchange information about current, local theft threats.
- Detects, identifies and reports possible shrink reduction opportunities within our operations to Management.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of Costco procedures and applicable laws in performance of duties. Attends meetings and seminars regarding loss prevention.
- Detains and interviews shoplifters when warranted.
- Reports potential internal theft situations to warehouse manager.
- Knowledge/Skills: Communication, observation, problem-solving skills required.
- Experience: Candidates with Loss Prevention experience will be given preference over other candidates. This should include a strong understanding and knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada relating to theft and fraud offences, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Trespass act, and Privacy acts.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Loss Prevention License as required by Province.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A