Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
Quality Engineers are core delivery team members responsible for the validation of functional and nonfunctional requirements implemented by a team. They are responsible for decomposing the functional and technical requirements created by Product Owners and Systems Analysts into test scripts. Quality Engineers raise defects as issues are identified and support the remediation process with teams. The person who joins this team will support either of two products that make up BPMS [an IBM solution that is proprietary and housed on an external cloud service].
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Defines the testing strategy and approach to validate new or enhanced functionality implemented by teams.
- Collaborates with team members to decompose functional and nonfunctional requirements into test scripts and scenarios.
- Determines test dependencies including QA test environment, QA tools, training, build and deployment plans, intra-team dependencies, and communication processes.
- Creates and executes manual and automated test scripts to validate the acceptance criteria defined within the epics and user stories implemented by team members.
- Develops manual test cases for all functional and non-functional requirements and collaborates with development team members to identify candidates for test case automation.
- Shares test automation practices with engineers to promote “shift left” testing disciplines and practices (incorporate testing earlier in development) within a team.
- Identifies risks impacting the timely delivery of a given product and collaborates with team members to prepare mitigation strategies.
- Executes smoke, functional, integration, and non-functional test scripts as part of the product / application delivery lifecycle.
- Shares feedback with the team members pertaining to the quality of sprint deliverables during retrospectives.
- Manages the remediation of defects raised throughout the development lifecycle and creates supporting quality reports that are shared with stakeholders.
- Collaborates with team members to investigate the root cause of failed manual or automated test scripts.
- Creates defects with detailed information pertaining to the failed test case / scenario with supporting documentation (screenshots, environment details, log files, etc.).
- 1-2 years’ current design and development experience in C# (Java is acceptable).
- A minimum of 3 years’ development experience in any scripting language.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with SQL.
- A minimum or 3 years’ experience with backend testing writing SQL queries and testing Stored Procedures.
- Experience with UI automation tools, ideally Ranorex/Selenium/ C# Programming.
- Proficient with Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a close team environment.
- A passion for being part of a team willing to self-assess in order to continually find better ways to do things.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A