The purpose of the Technical Process Operator (Blanket Dept.) role is to control, operate, and maintain multiple pieces of high speed bag making production equipment. Safely and efficiently conduct changeovers, and troubleshoot process and equipment problems and performs machine adjustments which directly affect quality, output, and scrap levels. Performs all tasks in a safe manner and report all potential safety hazards to the plant safety manager, and/or management. Monitor equipment and process conditions and works to ensure that quality and efficiency standards are consistently maintained. May perform and/or lead others in equipment inspection, maintenance and improvement projects. Responsible for the department’s success in Safety, Quality, Cost, OEE and equipment maintenance.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform occasional to frequent lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to work a Friday/Saturday/Sunday fixed 12 hour shift schedule, including holidays if they fall on the weekend (except during those holidays when the plant is shut down). Available spots are open for 7am – 7pm, and 7pm – 7am.
- Ability to tolerate sustained standing/walking up to 10 hours a day
- 1 years Mechanical, Mechanical Troubleshooting, or Manufacturing experience/background required; 2 yrs .
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Amherst, VA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A