Working in a participative team based environment, using World Class Operations processes and principles, the Senior Plant Process Engineer provides day-to-day engineering technical expertise to Operating Departments as needed. Leads the design and implementation of site based capital and manufacturing improvement projects. Participates on teams as an expert in the discipline and is able to work with guiding management oversight. Evaluates the feasibility of manufacturing, packaging, and process systems improvements and modifications. May have salaried and/or hourly associate direct reports.
Through leadership and influence will lead project teams to deliver capital projects, manufacturing process improvements, and solve manufacturing problems. Manages and directs the work of outside engineering consultants and construction contractors during design and implementation of projects. Typically manages projects with a value of less than $1,000,000. Through leadership and influence will lead project teams to deliver capital projects, manufacturing process improvements, and solve manufacturing problems. Manages and directs the work of outside engineering consultants and construction contractors during design and implementation of projects.
- Lead cost savings initiatives across the site and help to reduce plant spending
- This is a plant based position and will spend 50% of the time operating on the production floor.
- Support and drive regulatory compliance
- Provides solid input and insight to the team on business and engineering needs and proposals
- Participate in and share information on technical seminars for Maintenance and Operations in order to stay up to date on current trends, changes, and technological advancements
- Support environmental sustainability goal achievement
- Manage projects in accordance with Clorox Project Management Standards to achieve required results, timing, and budgetary targets
- Enable continuous improvement of the site’s manufacturing performances.
- Support Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations organizations within the entire facility
- Proactively identify and solve packaging, process, and plant utility system problems by using plant, company, and external resources
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the site’s safety performance by supporting site safety programs and initiatives
- Hone personal skills and train teams (Engineering, Maintenance, and Operational) on new techniques, etc.
- Key advocate for Engineering innovation at the manufacturing site
- 2 years of experience in Operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP or equivalent, and utilization of Engineering Standards is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve quality results and meet deadlines is preferred.
- WCO / WCM / TPM / Lean Manufacturing processes and techniques is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Background in consumer packaged goods environment is preferred.
- PLC control experience is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences is preferred.
- Change management experience and discipline is preferred.
- Proven skills effectively to document and communicate technical information is preferred.
- Understands Continuous Improvement Methodology is preferred.
- High level of initiative and ability to drive results is preferred.
- Solid analytical skills is preferred.
- 2 years in Plant Engineering is preferred.
- Problem solving, data collection, and analysis skills is preferred.
- Good business judgment with ability to calibrate with business objectives is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rogers, AR, USA
Application Deadline: N/A