The Research Fellow (RF) position with an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regulatory Focus in the Global Stewardship team is responsible for providing technical expertise, strategy, and leadership to support the regulatory compliance of EPA-registered products with the Clorox product portfolio as well as new and adjacent growth areas. This is a strategic lead role representing the regulatory perspective while proactively developing innovative approaches for pursuing business objectives within the regulatory framework, embracing current corporate and business strategy. Key areas of strategic focus are policy, EPA relationships, internal Clorox process innovation, and outward exploration for opportunities. The RF collaborates widely internally and externally to achieve business results, with stakeholders across scientists, technical management, business units, leadership teams, regulators, suppliers, and industry colleagues. Significant in the role, the RF is a leader within Global Stewardship serving as technical mentor and role model, increasing team capability, and advocate supporting the technical organization within Global Stewardship.
- Represents and advocates for Clorox and industry interests through external engagements. Collaborates with the EPA and other agencies to:
- Develops and executes technical solutions in collaborative partnership with cross-functional teammates in the areas of air disinfection, residual disinfection and touchless solutions
- Assesses impact to Clorox
- Develops technical strength with individuals and teams within Clorox
- Defines the program and develops the regulatory strategy for key Clorox technology areas, including air disinfection, residual disinfection and touchless solutions.
- Anticipates future change to landscape
- Develops plans to address and shape the changes.
- Seeks opportunities to advocate for Clorox and/or industry benefit
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in regulatory affairs, science, or engineering.
- Experience and expertise in air disinfection, residual disinfection and touchless device regulations.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create unique safety solutions and recommendations.
- Minimum of 18 years’ experience with Consumer Product Goods, with direct regulatory experience in antimicrobials, pesticides, traditional insecticides/crop or other regulated products.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present critical information.
- Strong customer focus, track record of developing executable strategies that align with business deliverables and effectively able to network internally and externally.
- Knowledge of product development processes and experience, providing regulatory support in product development.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A