The IT Business Unit Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Contributes to and / or creates internal communications. Creates and prepares reports, metrics and presentations. Provides expertise in own area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of the sub function.
- Works on mergers & acquisitions and outsourcing / right placement activities.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives. Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level employees; allocates work. Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services. Persuades and influences others through comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Tracks business unit performance against the IT business plan and service level agreements; identifies gaps.
- Acts as subject matter expert to new or lower level employees. Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Advanced level of experience in Project Management
- Subject matter expert in at least one area of technology planning.
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant experience in a technology planning role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A