Website Capital One
Capital One is looking for a Firewall Engineer will be responsible for supporting our enterprise network infrastructure, regional hubs and cloud environments. To include daily intake as well as major projects. Responsibilities include enforcement of cyber security standards, automation of security services, and deployment of security solutions.
- Design, implement, and maintain high quality Core Infrastructure solutions
- Support enterprise network infrastructure, regional hubs and cloud environments.
- Enforce cyber security standards, automation of security services, and deployment of security solutions.
- Work collaboratively across teams spanning multiple time zones
- Solid understanding of Cloud / Virtual Compute platforms and their supporting infrastructure
- Solid understanding of High Availability strategies
- Familiarity with the concepts of infrastructure as code, test driven development and automated deployment of infrastructure solutions
- Strong scripting and automation skills in various languages (such as Python, Ruby, BASH, Powershell, etc.)
- Good communicator who is willing to share and teach amongst peers
- Willingness to update and contribute to living engineering documentation
- Ability to problem solve in a complex and ever changing environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience as a Firewall administrator; building & supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Hands on experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lynchburg
Application Deadline: N/A