Website California Water Service Company
The Meter Reader (MR) obtains water meter reads for all commercial and residential customers at a designated location based upon a route; assists with assigning new meters to routes and reroutes as necessary; assess meters for defects; reports tampering and potential cross connection situations. The position is located in San Mateo, CA.
- Enter trouble codes into the meter reader device for meter boxes that are obscure, in hazardous condition, or not accessible and/or would require longer than reasonable time to be spent obtaining a read or for meters needing repair
- Work applicable trouble codes
- Assists with assigning new meters to routes and reroute as necessary
- Replace lids/covers as needed
- Upload/download routes
- Replace dials or perform minor maintenance on smart meters
- Investigate to a minor extent and/or notify appropriate person/customer of possible water loss
- Maintain proper meter locations in company records
- Adjust or replace meter boxes as necessary
- A MR must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public;
- have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures;
- have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent,
- a valid California Class C Driver’s license, and be insurable under the Company’s policy.
Company: California Water Service Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A