Website California Water Service Company
Under the oversight of a Supervisor or Foreman, a Laborer assists in performing essential maintenance and repair of water facility infrastructure. This includes repairs and maintenance to water mains, service lines, streets/sidewalks and fire hydrants; repair and replacement of meter boxes; and assists in the general cleanup of facilities including painting, repairing, and maintaining of Company owned or operated facilities.
- Under direction, excavate and expose service/main leaks; isolate damage and assist in repairing or replacing assets; notify customers.
- Assist in repairs and maintenance activities of meters, meter boxes, service lines, mains, wells, pump stations, and fences.
- Assist flushing and performing maintenance on all necessary functions of mains; operate various hand and power tools in the completion of these activities.
- Assist in setting, replacing, and/or removing 1 ½” to 2” size meters.
- Under direction conduct all water discharges with Company’s National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) policy including, but not limited to, implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs), monitoring and recording all required data, and completing necessary paperwork related to all discharge events.
- Prepare and operate service truck(s) daily, the loading of needed materials and equipment, remove and dispose of debris, and clean equipment and truck as needed.
Company: California Water Service Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A