Website California Water Service Company
Under the oversight of a Supervisor or Foreman, a Laborer assists in performing essential maintenance and repair of water facility infrastructure. This includes repairs and maintenance to water mains, service lines, streets/sidewalks and fire hydrants; repair and replacement of meter boxes; and assists in the general cleanup of facilities including painting, repairing, and maintaining of Company owned or operated facilities.
- Assist in repairs and maintenance activities of meters, meter boxes, service lines, mains, wells, pump stations, and fences.
- Assist flushing and performing maintenance on all necessary functions of mains; operate various hand and power tools in the completion of these activities.
- Assist in setting, replacing, and/or removing 1 ½” to 2” size meters.
- Under direction conduct all water discharges with Company’s National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) policy including, but not limited to, implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs), monitoring and recording all required data, and completing necessary paperwork related to all discharge events.
- Prepare and operate service truck(s) daily, the loading of needed materials and equipment, remove and dispose of debris, and clean equipment and truck as needed.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent, possess a valid California Class C Driver’s license, and be insurable under the Company’s policy
- A TWUO must have a working knowledge of basic features of word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word) and electronic mail processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook).
- Employee must be able to work with supervision and respond appropriately to direction, feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline
Qualification & Experience:
- A TWUO must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public;
Company: California Water Service Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A