Amazon, has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres throughout the UK handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will ‘know how things work’ in their areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully. As no two days are the same in Amazon you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
- Analytical skills with attention to details
- Experience with IT infrastructure components
- A true team player that is happy to share knowledge and work together as a team to always innovate and improve how we work.
- A curious mind-set that always question: what we can do better.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire the team to deliver on complex tasks
- A new and curious mind-set, always looking for changes to improve the status quo no matter how good it may be.
Qualification & Experience:
- Professional experience in networking infrastructure and system integration.
- Experience in deployment and ability to work with 3rd party vendors.
- High degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure but not limited to.
- Experience establishing what drives quality and world-class customer focus and attention to details.
- Experience with core Internet technologies
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A