Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As we continue to grow, we are keen to speak to experienced operators. These fast-moving facilities sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network, and are where we manage our fast-moving parcels.
- Our Delivery Stations work as smart as they can to continuously delight our valued customers with their products: our top-line vision is to remove all effort on behalf of our end-users, while continuing to exceed everyone’s expectations whenever we can.
- With this in mind, you’ll strategically lead a team, comprising of Operations Managers, Area Managers, Operations Supervisors and Operations Assistants. This will complement your proactive management of healthy, positive working relationships on a day-to-day basis.
- In this role, you’ll work with key business partners, such as Transport & Sortation, DSP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering. Furthermore, you’ll track and drive both the operational goals and metrics of your Delivery Station, while regularly presenting your findings to the senior leadership team.
- Finally, you’ll also help us as we Hire and Develop the Best – that’s one of our key Leadership Principles, which you’ll come to know well. This will help you create and implement a talent plan for your site, and will touch on talent acquisition, performance and career management, learning and development and positive employee engagement.
- Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Direct management experience, comprising both a salaried workforce, hourly and agency strong workforce, in a logistics, manufacturing, engineering, production or distribution environment
- Experience with planning, performance metrics, process improvement, and lean techniques
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations
- Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication skills (including local language and English, written and verbal)
- Experience managing third party resources on a regional/national scale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A