The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. Regular collaboration with executives and various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role, provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for site productivity, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, identifying high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders, and solve complex problems effecting companywide strategic decision-making.
- Responsible for delivering weekly/monthly financial close, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and consolidations utilizing financial systems and advance excel functions.
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative data to develop relevant reports leading to cost reductions
- Create effective business partnership, manage competing priorities, and providing guidance during unexpected events
- Contribute to work life harmony by becoming a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- Take part in hiring, developing, and mentoring activities while you seek value, and leverage diverse perspectives
- Utilizing solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interoperate data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon which may have global impact.
- Proactively identify opportunities to resolve finance defects and improve, scale, or simplify finance tools across teams and organizations.
- Intuitively utilize active listening skills to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusting your style based on audience, to articulate complex finance issues
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macon, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A